Big Ride with Johnny Calhoun and Matthew Lee. I did 30 miles on a Kona 29er.

The bike I rode is in the bottom right hand corner of the picture below. The mountain range in the foreground is the Black Mountain Crest.

We did the Blues to Blacks then back to the Blues. There was some serious hike a bike involved. The 29er was sweet. It climbed great and rolled over stuff very efficiently. I pulled off two difficult uphill moves that are usually hit or miss for me. I cant say I ever really missed my full suspension except maybe at the very end of the ride. I think this may have been as much due to the trail selection as the bicycle. We dropped down some smooth sweet single track trails!
Below is the parkway back towards 128, Heartbreak, etc.:
Below is the parkway towards Curtis Creek, Linville / Table Rock:
We rode some stuff over there:
The view from our last stop:
Matthew's Cannondale team bike:The prelude to the last few miles of potentially screaming fast, steep single track trail to the cars:
Amos' Epics