9/14 & 9/15 A Weekend in WV - I love that state!

Wesley and I headed up Friday evening and camped the first night at my dirt-bag campsite under the NRG bridge. I lucked up again and there was nobody there. Since Bobby Bouche and Mack would not be meeting us until 10:30 at the put-in we checked out the boardwalk down to the bridge overlook and had a biscuit at Biscuit-ville. After running the Upper Gauley, we lucked up and Mike Huggins, let all of us set up at his campsite at the put in. I took advantage of having the van and slept inside it both nights. It was nice not to pay for camping either night.

Day one was a great run on the Upper Gauley. It was only my second time in the boat since I dislocated my shoulder and I didn't feel up to doing any play-boating so I took my ReMix  and had a blast in it. Good lines just about everywhere and I only flipped at Sweets Falls and got my off-side roll immediately. It felt great to be out there and paddling with a solid crew.
It was a Wesley's first Upper G run so we got out and looked at Pillow Rock and Iron Ring while BB and Mack provided probe/stunt boater entertainment.

Day two Wesley and I hiked from the Rivers camp ground and outfitter shop, under the New River Gorge bridge and finally found the trail that takes you to an overlook I have been wanting to get to for years.
view from my "dirt bag" campsite

Some RUSH fans have stayed here







Mack going over the lip at Sweets















Iron Ring: