6/20/14 First Day of Summer Vacation. MTB ride at the new Lake James State Park Trails then a hike from Spence Ridge trail head to the Chimneys.

The map at the trail head of the Lake James State Park MTB trails. I give it a 3 on a scale to 5 with a potential of 3.5 when the trails are dry. Not as good as Warrior Creek (I give WC a 4) but LJ is plenty of fun. My 5 would be something like Sinkhole/VC loops. Lake is right there so props for being able to jump in and cool off!
 After doing the 2 intermediate loops, I headed home and picked up Felix for a great hike:

King of the Mtn




I ate some wild blueberries on the trail and had some black berries at the house. Good day to be outside.
 




Love this section of the Chimneys. The trail goes right thru here!
 








What a view of some of the Chimneys!