9/15 & 9/16: Another most excellent Gauley Weekend

Still plenty of water in Sumersville Lake.
I love WV!After I realized that the NC flows were dropping like a rock, I hit the road early Saturday morning on the way to WV. I got to paddle with an exceptional group of paddlers and great guys: Chris Roberts, John Regan, Wes, Kevin aka Whitey, and Johnny Calhoun. These guys are blast! Another guy with a Prijon Fly joined us on Sunday but I dont remember his name. Thanks Whitey and John for most of the photographs on this post.
Johnny Calhoun at one of the fastest waves on the river.
Here are a couple of shots of John on Insig wave:A few shots of me bird watching through Pillow Rock. It wasnt my best line but it was one of my more memorable ones. Thanks again for the shots Kevin & JR. Boof Blue Angel styleChris Roberts with a sweet boof! I wanna to be on Team FYFF.Wes at Iron Ring on Sunday.It was a little chilly Sunday morning.
My line at Pillow on day 2 was much better than on Saturday.