Vacation Day Wednesday Ride


After I finished my chores and watched a few episodes of Twilight Zone, I ate a late lunch with Clare Ann and then headed up 181. I decided to do the Big 20 mile figure 8 ending with Sinkhole.
I parked down at "lower" Upper Creek. By the time I got up to the first overlook, I was ready for a break. The views were great today and there is already a little bit of color showing up.
After the long uphill climb, I finally got to ride some fun down hill on the Big O. I decided to check out some trail I've been scopeing out:I did about a 2 mile "there and back" and it was some good trail.
I came across a pretty big hole that I think a bear must have dug. I looked down in the hole and saw a bee hive. I think the bear had been eating the bees and/or the nest. The bees were not swarming outside the hole but there were a lot on the walls of the hole, probably rebuilding the hive. I got a few pictures of the hole but wasnt going to lean over the hole again and risk upsetting the hive and getting stung.
I look forward to checking out where the trial drops out when I have a little more time. The regular trail had one new downed log but I was able to jump it so I didnt try to move it (I dont think I could have alone anyway). I didnt like the looks of these signs when I was riding up Little Chestnut Mtn. A lot of trees were marked as you can see to the right of the first sign.Notice the grasshoppers below the next sign. Irony.
I always love it when I'm at this point of Sinkhole. Its all fun and challenging trail from here back to the car.
Some new steel in the creek.
I never get tired of this view.