Late Evening Wilson Creek 17 miler

I parked at the first pull out / information center at Wilson Creek. Most of my favorite rides start out with a long climb and this one was no different. The "down side" makes it worth the 7 and a half mile initial climb.

The flats in the next one shows the rests / photo stops.Speed over elevation:Birthday Knob with some smoke coming up in the distance:Just got some new Keds for $32 from Sierra Trading Post - what a deal, they are great. At noon Noel and I headed into town to pick up some cleats (for my new shoes), a new shirt, and a bell for Starlas bike at Table Rock Bikes. On my way back to the car, I parked the SupaLite down by Thunderhole and scrambled around on the rocks for some creek pictures:The new shoes were great for rock scrambling.

Ride stats:
17.4 miles; Start time: 3:02 p.m.
Elevation gain: 3,779 feet; Starting elevation: 1,172', Max elevation: 2,658
Total time: 2:35; Moving time: 1:59; Stopped Time: 35 minutes