SNOW DAY!

I was somewhat jealous Thursday when I had to work for 13+ hours while the girls got to play in the snow sleding and generally having a blast. Well today I got mine. After going to Hickory to stop by Clarks Bike Center and pick up my bike then getting a big breakfast with Noel and Starla, I packed up and headed up Hwy 181.
I decided my best bet for a ride would be somewhere high elevation where the snow had not melted much yet. I peaked at 3405' and dropped down as low as 2389' during the 10.4 mile ride that felt more like 17 miles. The 10.4 mile ride consisted of 6.5 miles of snow covered single track, double track/forest service road and 3.9 pavement/highway miles climbing back up at the end.
SAHWEEET!


Rock & Roll Plateau

The snow texture up on the Rock & Roll Plateau was great. Barkhouse was nice as well but the snow was mostly melted on the downhill. It was a little harder down on Ripshin where it had frozen hard but was still all rideable. The only time I couldnt ride was the steepest uphill climbs on R&R Plat, otherwise it was all good to go.


Clarks Bike Center does good work and the SupaLite rode very well. I replaced the derailleur hanger and the shop adjusted it and replaced a few spokes. I was very pleased with the work performed.

This is where the snow got a little frozen hard.


Even the double track was sweet even if it wasnt as fast as usual.

This was a new little off shoot for me but it wont be the last time I climb up here. I found a few nice views that I had unknowingly passed right by too many times without stopping to appreciate them.
A different angle to an old face.



The snow didnt get patchy until right before hitting Hwy 181. The climb back up was well worth it, as usual.


Total tile: 2:50
Moving time: 1:50
15 stops - Lots of pics
Distance: 10.4 miles
Elevation gain: 2,322'
That first mile was slow going but it picked up considerably after that.
The Six Six One Dually shoes held up great and my feet never got cold or wet.
Amos' Epics