Another 27.8 mile Solo on the Autobahn of Wilson Creek along with the Spike thrown in at the end to top it off and offset the Adako Rd ride in & out

No takers on todays big loop and so it was a solo. It is all good, I'm glad I got out. It was a cold, crisp and clear morning. The ground was frozen and crunchy in places under my tires but I only hit one slick spot all day. Bright and sunny early in the ride but the wind was still brisk and cool.
Those clouds behind Grandfather moved in on through the day. Santa came early to me this year, my new Pearl Isumi shoe covers inaugural run was highly successful:
The white ice on the sides of the waterfalls is always a welcome winter site.
The Harper Creek level was higher than the standard summer time low which necessitated a wet foot crossing - its over after only 5 cold steps. The rope drop down to the river looked treacherous today:
By the time I got back down to Wilson Creek, it started to spit some cold precipitation. I decided on a little detour up Lower Wilsons Ridge.The trail was covered in leaves on the Spike, it doesnt get much travel. I havent been on it in months, maybe as long ago as last winter. The climb up is a tough last interval for the day and it is always a blast bombing back down. The highest point on the Spike that I rode up: Total mileage: 27.8 miles
Total time: 4:49 moving time: 3:17 stopped time: 1:31 # of stops: 10
Average moving speed: 8.5 mph
Start time: 11:41 a.m. End time: 4:30 p.m.
Amos' Epics