Wilson Creek at High Water with Layla. A short but epic adventure.

Big water 10' Falls: Our put in:Layla and I met at the gage at 16:45. A little late for a winter after-work paddle but it was the earliest I could get there and Layla had decided to run home and trade the play boat for the creek boat, a good call. When I got to the gage it was reading just a little under 15". We set shuttle then drove up to look at 10' Falls (pic below). It was big, much bigger than 15", neither of us were feeling it. We opted to put in right below Boat Buster/Thunder Hole. We ran the first few drops down river left up to Triple Drop. At Triple Drop Layla showed me the high water line on the far river right which she proceeded to smooth after which I managed to bang my way through. We headed down river to Razor Back where Layla suggested the first spout on the left, just before the Fire Escape.

This is the dry spout at a level of 0":It was getting dark fast at this point. There was still just enough light at the point when I dropped through the spout that I could see Layla broached up against the wall/cave at the bottom.

The pic below shows the cave 2 days later at a level of 0":A wall which was pretty undercut and very scary looking. By the time I got to her she was out of her boat in the undercut cave, holding on to her Hefe in front of her. Layla was totally calm and cool headed and said she would hang there while I got on shore and roped her boat out. It was a good plan and we managed to accomplish it in a timely manner. The next task was getting our boats to the road in the dark. This job took a little longer but we managed no worse for wear.
This was one evening of paddlin' we wont soon forget!
By the time we got back to the gage it was reading 2'. Amos' Epics