Five Very Sweet Runs on Wilson Creek at around 6". It was nice to have some juicy flow in that gorge again.

I met Mike, Gaston, and Layla at 9:30. The gage was reading +6" when we arrived which is when I took the pic below. Gaston and Mike checked it again after the first run and reported it read 7" with the wet water line up to 9" per Gaston. The four of us did two runs together. We ran into Dennis Huntley and his posse: Pat and Ry below boat buster during our 2nd run. It is good to see so many friends after such a long dry spell. Layla at 10" Falls, nice water fall dropping in behind her:
Gaston at 10':
Gaston with the Splat Wheel:
I ran into the brothers Ben and Worth at the put in before the first run. This was ironic because I had not seen these guys in a long time but Steven and I had been discussing them while at the Watagua yesterday and were wondering what they had been up to. I did the 3rd run with the Bros. Worth asked if I had seen James and Margret and actually I had yesterday at the Watagua, they had been paddling with Greg, as usual. Maybe 20 minutes after this conversation we ran into James and RB on the creek. After run 3 Ben and Worth helped my run shuttle. when we were pulling into the put in parking lot I saw James and RB putting on. It took me a couple of minutes to get my spray skirt and PFD back on, work out key logistics with the Bros and finish my Amp. After launching, I caught up to James and RB at 10' Falls, and I did my 4th run with them. My fifth was with Alex from Glen Alpine, his Aunt, a guy from Raleigh who I had taken down the creek a few years ago and Joshua from Asheville.
Ben at the falls on the first run:
My first run at Triple Drop, thanks for taking the pic Layla:
Ben:
Huggy at Triple Drop:Worth:
Layla entering via the slot/slide in the left of the picture:
Someone buried in the maw, I think Mike's 2nd run:
Layla taking the slot/slide for her 2nd run:
Gaston at the run out:
Mike "Huggy" Huggins running Fire Escape aka Coin Slot:
Gaston:
Layla:
Amos' Epics