Big Ride on a Thursday Afternoon

I started out at Curtis Creek with a big climb to the parkway. I didnt get out for a bike ride on Wednesday due to some bad news Clara Ann received at the radiology lab. Another kidney stone. Hopefully she can have the lithotripsy again before it moves to a place that will start causing pain.
Catawba Rhodies growing right next to some Mountain Laurel ^
I called Dan while I was climbing toward the parkway and we agreed to meet up at the Old Fort park for some Kitsuma between 4:30 and 5:00. I made good time down Heartbreak, right at Star Gap and down Mill Creek Rd past the geyser and made it at 4:45, just minutes before Dan drove up.
The views from Heartbreak were amazing as always.

Mill Creek ^

I met up with Dan here ^
He had some bad news as well but I think he had his head in the right place. I think the bike ride was a good thing for him.
On the way up Old 70 the bloomage was very nice.

Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs..
And I've been spelling it Kitsuma all this time ^


After we finished Kitsuma it was getting a little late and not much chance I could ride back over Star Gap to Jareds Creek Rd before dark so Dan drove me over to my car at Jareds / Curtis Creek.
Total mileage: 28.3 miles
Total time: 6:29 Moving time: 4:12 stopped time: 2:17
Elevation gain: 7,775'



Amos' Epics