Lost Cove: Creek & Cliffs

Saturday was Starla's birthday and we celebrated well. See all the details at Clara Ann's blog: http://claraannsdays.blogspot.com/ . Today, Sunday I decided to do an early hike and get back home around the time Clara has to work so that there is some adult supervision and hopefully the house will not get burned down.
I headed to Lost Cove Creek and attempted the Timber Ridge trail.


The last view ^ of Lost Cove Creek before the big climb up towards Bee Mountain.
The view from up near the top^
The trail had a lot of leaves down but was in great shape otherwise. It reminded me a lot of Persimmon Ridge.
Back down to the creek after taking the "short cut" off of Timber Ridge.




About 12 horses came through. Major impact to this section of the Mountains to Sea trail.

By the time I got back to the car it was still early so I decided to head on up the road to the Big Lost Cove Cliffs. It is only a few miles and amazing views.










Amos' Epics