30 Mile Ride with Incredible Waterfall Views, Sweet Downhill, and a little lite Snow Fall to make it feel more like Winter. Another great Soul-O Ride!

Distance: 30.4 miles
Total time: 5:08 moving time: 3:53 stopped time: 1:15 # of stops: 10
Avg moving speed: 7.8 mph
Start time: 12:54 p.m. finish time: 6:03 p.m.
Min elev: 1,254' Max elev: 2,860'
My plan was to optimize ride time and park at the concrete bridge where Brown Mountain Beach Rd intersects with Craig Creek Rd. When I glanced over and saw Boatbuster and Thunder Hole, I had to stop for a pic. Once I stopped the engine, I decided the ride may as well start from the Gorge again. It worked out well, I even ended the ride with the Spike (there and back on Lower Wilson Ridge) which gave me the extra mile to make it a full 30.
You can point and click on some of these pics to get the "close up" effect of the ice.
The crossing at Harper Creek. I managed to keep my feet dry but felt very lucky to have made it across "clean" and dry. There is still some juice in the creek and the ice steps up the rock hopping skills. I was able to zig zag my way across - again.
Yellow Buck aka Long Ridge is some of the best trail in the area but you definitely pay to play. The hike a bike is not for the faint of heart. This was my first time of accessing Yellow Buck from the FS road, I have always linked it from another trail in the past.
On the last plateau of Yellow Buck:
I couldn't help but stop to look at 10' Falls:
Amos' Epics