9/10 & 9/11 at Gauley River WV, 1st scheduled release weekend of the year: Always a BLAST! One of my favorite runs. A special place for so many reasons

I paddled the Amp.
 I paddled with Johnny Calhoun, Stritty, Patric, and some new friends from Asheville.
 We even got over to check out the cliffs at the Wildlife Rd / Summersville Lake. Incredible place.
I drove up Friday and camped the first nite in the New River Gorge at a spot off of Fayette Station Rd, Fayetteville side under the New River Gorge bridge. I had it all to myself and it was a beautiful nite. Saturday nite I pitched my bivey at the dam. It was crowded but OK but probably not so much for the guy that got the ticket. I think I'll find somewhere else to stay next time.
 I ran out of battery power so I didnt get many pics. Two runs on the upper in two days, a good weekend.
Amos' Epics