3/21 and 3/22 Happy Birthday on 3/21 to my Dad! My First Weekend at the Cheoah in a few years and the first time I have camped near Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest

On my way to the river...

This was the first time I had been to the Cheoah on a few years and my buddy Mike Huggins death at this river last year was weighing heavily on me. Huggy Bear is missed and will always be as long as we remember him.
Toth demoing the Flying Squirrel and running the creek line.

My line on Saturday

The shots below are from Sunday
I found a free camping spot very close to JKM Forest. The shot below is where I got the van stuck. Luckily I was able to get out by putting some sticks under the wheel to get traction. I was kind of nervous for a few minutes.



There are some big trees in this forest.


Santeelah Creek running through JKM Forest.
Brian Hill met me for a run Sunday. He showed me some smooth lines.



Very cool kayak art on my ride back home.