Table Rock & Loops: Big and Small

Glen Alpine Epic Adventures
I planned to head up 181 for some riding but found out some friends were going to do some of the local loops so I figured I'd try to ride the big loop and meet them at the small loops for some communal riding. A shot from the big loop.
I blasted the big loop but unfortunately I missed my friends. Their hoods were still warm so I probably didnt miss them by much. I waited by their cars eating a power bar then practicing log jumps hoping they would circle back looking for me. After about 30 to 40 minutes I realized they probably were not coming back looking for me so I decided to hit up some of the single track loops off the big double track. I started off with some familiar single track that leads to the longest up hill I was aware of in this neck of the woods. This is what greeted me at the top.


I often forget how good these trails are. Hats off to the folks that are keeping them maintained. Shame we are having this drought. The only silver lining is the trails are in prime condition.
After I rode this prime single track for awhile, I decided to ride some of the trails I used to frequent quite often. I can enjoy these jumps more now than I used to. I dont think this section gets ridden as much as it once did. I explored a few of the old trails that branched off of this one and they had grown over and/or had significant down fall. It was cool to get out and explore a little bit and see some of the old stomping grounds. After awhile I hit up some of the newer trails that we stumbled on months ago. Nice rolling single track. Unfortunatly the wind storms hit this section pretty hard as well and there was some big down fall to go around. Still well worth the ride - it is hard to get me down on trails. On the way back to where I parked, I had to stop and take more shots of Table Rock. This may be the most photographed house in Burke County
Back to the car at dusk. Perfect timing.
I'm disappointed that I missed my friends but not that I changed my riding plans, it was a blast. A good 3 and a half hours of riding.