A well spent Vacation day

A vacation day well spent!
About 11:30, I parked at the first pull off after the Upper Creek bridge and started climbing. The first single track that I rode, many miles later, looked like this:

I love how the single track weaves around the huge boulders.

I know it's cheesy but I got tired of taking pictures of the trail and the bike. So I set the camera up on timer, ran back to my bike trying to mount, clip-in and ride over a small drop off in 10 seconds - with mixed results:
As you can see I did it a several times. I guess it was good practice running fast in a short distance. Maybe it will help with the start of the Captain Thurmond Challenge. A special place:


Sweet place to pose the Superlight
After leaving the falls, I blasted down Raider Camp, Harper Creek, down Wilson Creek, and up Craig Creek road to meet up with Wesley and Daniel for a ride at 6:00. By the time they got there I already had about 6 hours in the saddle but I was very interested in seeing what Wesley would end up doing on the trail with the big hole - interestingly enough I forget the name of it. He had not ridden it before but knowing him I felt sure he would huck some photo worthy stuff. I was not dissapointed!
The hole gap jump:
He makes it look easy every time. It must be those reflectors.