Finally A Rainy Day In Wilson Creek Wilderness


First overlook off of the long climb:
Table Rock is almost hidden in the clouds:

Light rain on and off the entire ride. There was never any heavy rainfall. The trails were in good shape - very few puddles had developed - hopefully a lot more rain this evening. This was the first ride I've done this season where I needed a jacket. I almost put on my LM leg warmers.
I parked at lower Upper Creek. Instead of riding up 181 and risking someone skidding into me on the wet pavement, I decided to climb 982 to 198, do the Chestnut Mtn loop that the Boone guys told me about which drops back out onto 198, climb back up and ride Raidercamp then a there and back to Upper Harper Creek Falls overlook, cross over main Harper Creek and check out the Harper Creek Falls, ride 277 out to Wilson Creek, back up and over 982 to lower Upper Creek.
The top of Raidercamp.
The trail to the top of Chestnut Mtn. was pretty thick and overgrown:
Steep climb to hike a bike.
Interesting structures at the top of Chestnut.
1932A sea of clouds:
Thanks to whoever cut this tree out on Raidercamp. It was a big job.
Nice colors at Upper Harper Creek Falls:
Fueling up:

Harper Creek Falls:


Wilson Creek:

Amos' Epics