BIG Thanks to the guys at Clark's Bike Center for the excellent tune up on the Supa Lite

I got a big tune up at Clark's on 4/9 and my bike has ridden great since then. It is riding the best it has been in some time. Those guys do great work. Since the tune up including todays ride, I've put 89 more miles on the Bike and it is still riding great.
I had hoped for a big ride today but had some must do chores: mow the yard and get my oil changed/tires rotated. I had lunch with Clara, cleaned up and lubed my chain then I met up with Dan at around 5:45 for a late afternoon ride.Spring wild flowers are starting to show up:Dan and I rode the Big O. Like a few lesser known trails that I ride and post here, I rename it in an attempt to keep the trail somewhat discreet due to the prime shape some of these trails are in and I would like them to stay that way. Unforunately someone new has found the Big O and is "shreding it" because there were quite a few nasty skid marks. I wish they would calm down and keep this trial in the pristine shape it has been in for the past few years! I'm not saying I have never skided or that I still dont occasionally but I try not to and there is no point in doing what I saw today. There were far too many skid marks in places that there was no reason to skid in other than showing off. Maybe they just need to learn the trail more and it this is the case I hope they do it before it becomes another Raspberry Ridge (I still love Raspberry but it gets tharashed hard when it gets wet). End of rant.
Ride Stats:
Total time: 2:17 Moving time: 1:53 Stopped time: 23 min # of stops: 6
Distance: 13.4 miles
Elevation gain: 3,018'
Avg speed: 7.1 mph
Max speed: 23.2 mph


Amos' Epics