Sunday, April 13th at Black Mtn, Pisgah

Sunday I took Dan for his first Black Mountain Pisgah ride.
The views from Clawhammer are amazing.
The beasts of burden:
We ended up riding Black Mountain down to Thrift Cove #603, then we took a left onto Grassy Road Trail #364, and another left onto Sycamore Cove #143 that dropped us back onto the road after some rolling single track fun. We then entered the Davidson River Campground and started up North Slope Ridge #359 and rode it counter-clockwise. It was fun but not enough mileage considering the long drive to Pisgah. We rode back by the car after the North Slope Ridge and Dan was ready to call it a day. This was my first Pisgah ride in which I was not able to add some trail that was new to me. Not the big ride I had hoped for but great weather and trail conditions.
I have got to get back to applying myself if I'm going to better my ORAMM time from last year - that means a lot more solo rides and more frequent rides.
Overall not much of a training ride but still a lot of fun:
Total mileage: 22.4 miles and it took a long time to get those miles:
Total time: 5:38 Moving time: 3:37, 29 stops for over 2 hours of stopped time!
Elevation Gain: 7,277'
Average speed: 6.2 mph


Amos' Epics