Back in the Saddle; Big Climb & Exceptional Down Hill. My legs were talking to me for not riding the past month!

The forecast had changed by the time I was driving to the trail head: 70% chance of rain. I packed a jacket and it came in handy. I was fortunate that it only rained for a short period near the end of my ride but it was a soaker. The trails were in great shape. Very loamy.
Started off with a 10 mile climb and about 3,769' of elevation gain:I rode at a moderate pace and took frequent rests to keep the cramps away. It worked, no cramps and I was feeling better later in the day.
Spring time, how sweet it is: I rode a total of about 5 miles on the parkway:
The trickle below is where I refilled my camel back. About 5,400'.
Views from the trail:
The fire tower on Green Knob is visible at the top of the mountain in the pic below.My last long downhill. You can just see my bike down the trail:
Total Mileage: 24.4 miles
Starting Elevation: 1,648' Highest Elevation: 5,417'
Amos' Epics