Finally enough rain to allow for some spring time natural flow local kayaking. An excellent way to start the first week of May!

Both Wilson Creek and Watagua had water most of the week. I got runs on Wilson Creek 2 separate days during the week (Tuesday and Thursday). 2 runs one evening at about 2" and 4 runs another evening at about 5", the last one ending as a moonlight run. An after work run on the Watagua Friday evening at about 360 cfs then 3 runs on Saturday at about 300cfs. My first run on Saturday was my second solo Watagua.
Over these 4 days I got to paddle with Gaston and Layla (the dynamic duo - you two rock it out), Corey (it had been too long since we got together, thanks for letting me talk you into that 4th run, I needed that!), Jonathan from Morganton, RB (the one and only), Adam Hill - where you been dude?, Beans from Hickory, Dennis Huntley (and of course he was right about the Doppler, I cant believe JC ever doubted him), Rye, and of course Johnny Calhoun showed for the Watagua run on Friday. We did have to steal JCs wallet to get him to come back and paddle with us on Saturday.
The short time I was able to spend in these 4 days on the water was time well spent. Good food for the soul! I had not smiled and laughed so much in a long time. As difficult as things have been lately and still may get, it is impossible not to enjoy my time on the river!
Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs...
^ Layla and Gaston timing the slot and boof perfectly!

Corey dropping the slot ^
Adam Hill ^ with Beans behind him ^

Onto the Watagua:
Layla ^
Gaston ^
Rye with Dennis in the C1 ^
Johnny Calhoun ^
Amos' Epics