July 1: Day one of the Red, White and Bluegrass Festival

First day of the Red White and Bluegrass Festival is over and my favorite group was The SteelDrivers. After checking out every SteelDriver nugget I could find on YouTube, I expected a lot and they delivered. I consider them Bluegrass Honkeytonk. An Angel on each shoulder. Whiskey, Guns, and Guitars. Corn Liquor. Yes I bought the CD and got the autographs.
Clara Ann's favorite was the headliners, Dailey and Vincent, their harmonies and polish is amazing. Not many groups are half as tight as those guys. Starla went with me early in the day and we saw the three sisters out front and dad on the bassGold Heart, and then some of Heather Berry's set. Clara came back with me and we got to seeJr. Sisk & Ramblers Choice, The SteelDrivers, Larry Sparks & The Lonesome Ramblers, then the main act Dailey and Vincent. Gold Heart was nice, Jr. Sisk sang his butt off, Heather Berry had a beautiful voice and could go to town on that Autoharp and Larry Sparks was about as traditional as they come. It is no wonder Dailey and Vincent head lined the first night here, they took home seven awards at the 2008 International Bluegrass Music Awards Show, including Entertainer of the Year and Album of the Year. They were really tight when I saw them at the Merle Fest and were to night as well. An all around great start off to an awesome 4 day line up!
Amos' Epics