Happy Birthday to my Dad, Buck Ivey! I did a 6 hour, 20 minute hike on his birthday.

Pretty sweet campsite:
What an incredible trail across the gorge from Shortoff, I'm pretty sure that on is Pinch In:
The trail I used goes along the spine of the ridge below and to the left:
I again started my hike on the Blue Blaze trail. This weekend I had hoped to do the big hike (Ginger Cake to the Lake) or paddle but we had more car trouble Friday and are down to only one vehicle for the family until after I have a new clutch put into the Mazda. Clara dropped me off at the Blue Blazes trail head at 7:40 a.m. I made it to the other side of Shortoff but it started looking like it might rain any minute so I stopped for some lunch, rested the feet and reassesed the situation. I had hoped to make it to the Chimney's but didnt want to get caught out there in a thunder storm. After a while the mountains were looking more and more ominous so I turned around and headed back just in time to miss the heavy rain. I got back to the trail head to meet Clara Ann and the girls at 2:00.
Amos' Epics