Hawksbill hike / camp: Friday to Saturday morning

That is the Linville River down there.
Sorry for all the pics. I couldnt help myself. This place is the real deal!
The trailhead up to Hawksbill. It has been a while since I had been up to the top. It wont be so long before the next time.
Great opportunity to try out the TrailFlex back pack system Mountain Techs gave me to review. Yeah it is a self portrait - gotta prove I'm using the pack!
At the summit. The pack fit well even if my shirt didnt. I love this place!
Some freaky bat action after dark.Sunset.
Johnny Calhoun got up there about 10:00 p.m. Only 2 other campers on top.
Sunup Saturday morning:Grandfather Mountain on the right and the Hotel to the left. Variations on a theme. That spot just off the point of the rock was a humingbird.An explosion of light.Check out the holes in the rocks. Crazy trail through there.Yes thats the trail and it is as steep as it looks.