35.8 Miles in Wilson Creek Wilderness - first 14 on the Big O with Mike Huggins, then Soul-O

Mike Huggins and I hatched a plan to do a sweet ride and it really panned out!
The first time through Birthday Knob today.

Mike with his new Giant Trance. Very sweet bike.
His inaugral MTB ride was exceptional.


The Big O was in great shape. We ran into Nick that used to work at Carolina Bike Works. He was looking good after some surgery. Back on his hard tail and flying down the trail.


Mikes' new Trance above. Very nice indeed!
Interesting fugi. It wasnt there last week! That stuff pops up fast. Reminds me of an old X-File.

Second time through Birthday Knob.
I love these falls. It was good to be back on such a clear and beautiful day.
I got to visit Grandpa. It has been too long.


Onto one of my favorite there and backs, The Spike. Today I climbed to the point above. It was screaming fun downhill back down to the Creek.

I had to stop for a shot of the creek on my way back to the car.
Ride Stats:
Distance: 35.8 miles
Total time: 7:59 moving time: 4:59 stopped time: 3 hours
Elevation gain: 8,702'
Avg moving speed: 7.2 mph
Start time: 9:59 a.m. Finish time: 5:59 p.m.

Amos' Epics