Big ride: Parked at the takeout of Wilson Creek, rode up to Raidercamp, Harpers, Upper Wilson Ridge, School House: 37.6 miles

On the climb up...
At the end of the first long climb, finally Raidercamp and some nice fast down hill.
Also the beginning of a lot of wind blown downfall.




Two different views of Grandfather Mtn
Some sweet Raidercamp downhill!
Nice bank ride^
Right before the trail dumps out onto Wilson Creek Rd, it gets pretty steep. I had a nearly very serious slip up here. As I went over the handlebars, I grabbed the root my bike is leaning on above but my bike took the entire drop and it is along way down. I got a little bruised and scrapped up and very shook up, but no injuries thankfully. My bike went end over end a few times and the only thing that was out of adjustment was the handle bars and the chain came off - Santa Cruz KICK ASS!The root at the very top ^ is the one I grabbed to stop from tumbling down the embankment, my bike ended upside down on the log just above where it is laying in the shot above.


Rock House
Those are trout in that pool. I could see about 5 from where I was standing and they were big.

Upper Wilson Ridge aka 21 Jump Street and I find that they have driven a bull dozer up there to do some controlled burning. It was still fast and worth the climb in spite of some more down fall.
Where Upper Wilson Ridge drops down to School House^

Stuff was really in bloom on this one.


This stuff ^ was good to go.
I was still rideing at this ^ point.
I ended up having to step out of the gully at this point. I remounted to the right of the bike on the high point. Some of this stuff was really steep and I had to walk a few places but would love to see some big hitters drop some of the bank shots.

The trail need some work due to some downfall but lots of fun. It was good to get back after a long absence. So many trails... Nice last drop at the bottom of the trail. Not today...
Stats:
Total distance: 37.6 miles
Total time: 6:48 Moving time: 4:45 Stopped time: 2:02
Elevation gain: 8,019'
Avg moving speed: 7.9 mph



Amos' Epics