Johnny Calhoun back from Nepal and shows me some Pisgah trails I had not ridden yet

Welcome back to NC, Johnny Calhoun and Crankee. Sounds like the Nepal kayaking trip was a true epic / lifetime experience. Hopefully the guys will e-mail me some pictures that I can post here. The stories were great and now I cant wait to get some visuals.
Johnny turned me onto some trail that I cant wait to get back to and do some more of and tie some other stuff into. We parked at North Mills, and proceeded to do a 11 mile climb up to the parkway. My first time climbing Laurel Mountain but it wont be my last time. As soon as we hiked our bikes onto the parkway, we ran into Obie and Polk who were about to huck down on their big rigs. Obie gave us some good advice that reaffirmed the route JC had planned for us. We dropped down on Big Creek, made a bunch of creek crossings, checked out the reservoir and linked in the bottom section of Trace Ridge (cant get enough of that one), crossed one more creek and dropped down to the cars where we ran into Obie and Polk again.
Yes, even Johnny Calhoun pushes sometimes:

Some amazing views from up there, we were very close to Mt. Pisgah.

The downhills were off the hook!
That is JC through the trees below:

Plenty of "wet foot" creek crossings.






Ride stats:
Total mileage: 22.2 miles
Elevation gain: 6,663'
Maximum elevation: 4,988'
Total time: 5:06 moving time: 3:47 stopped time: 1:19
Avg moving speed: 5.9 mph


Amos' Epics