Happy Mothers Day Mom and Clara! Two Green Lite Runs, One at 8" and the second at 15": BIG Water

After making sure Noel and Starla had made Clara some breakfast and served it to her in bed, I was off to meet up with Obie, Dixie Marie, and Johnny Calhoun for a 10:00 take out rendevous. We had laid down the plans post Wilson Creek Wilderness MTB ride yesterday.
This boat is awesome looking. It is the production model Green Boat. That faint stern etching leading to the grab bar below is a map of the Green River Narrows.
Onto Frankenstein:

Sorry I had a hard time with the timing on Johnny Calhoun ^ and Dixie Maries runs. I missed Obie all together due to my batteries running out of juice at just the wrong time.
Sorry brotha, if only we had ridden Sinkhole yesterday, HA!
Buffy with a sweet boof at Frankenstein ^

Johnny Calhoun at Zwicks ^
Dixie Marie ^
Buffy ^
Obie on the edge of the boof while Buffy ferries across.
Obie, Johnny, Buffy, and Dixie Marie at the pool between Zwicks and Chief.

We were warned and it was a valid warning, Boof or Conseqences had changed. There seemed to be less water and what little was flowing through was pushing to the right directly into the undercut. I got a little right shoulder scrub but all good otherwise.
Power Slide above and below with someone running Nies Pieces above it.

Johnny Calhoun on the Power Slide above ^
Obie @ Power Slide ^
Buffy @ Power Slide ^
Dixie Marie @ Power Slide ^
Onto Groove Tube ^ & below
Buffy ^J. Grace ^
Groove Tube was the last photo ops we made on our first run. Johnny Calhoun made me an offer I couldnt refuse; a second run, it didnt take much convincing. Thanks Obie for everything!
We already had shuttle set so we got a move on back to the top. It had rained on and off during the first run but I never imagined it had rained as much as the flow at the put in suggested. The water had turned more brown and the gage was reading about 12" when we paddled down to it. It was about 8" on the first run. It was going up fast and getting a little more pushy as we paddled down. By the time we go to Groove Tube on the second run it was pretty big. We talked to a couple of guys at Sunshine that said it had been 15" when they checked the gage.
That little bit of green to the right is Johnny Calhoun in the maw of Groove Tube ^
Sunshine was looking biggs. Some interesting lines.


C1 by Will Lyons^ and below
Hammer Factor at 200%





After the run, Johnny Calhoun and I picked up my car from the put in parking lot. We headed down the road to switch up boats, hang loose for a few minutes and I headed home. My evening task: grill up dinner for my darlin' Clara Ann to celebrate her motherhood and what a good job she does with our wonderful daughters! I grilled up some chicken. Noel, Starla and I prepared Clara a chicken salad, with cauliflour and celery, and strawberries on the side. The girls and I also had some hotdogs we grilled. The chicken had been marinated a few hours in soy sauce, worchestier, and water, mmm mmm mmm.
Amos' Epics