Thursday afterwork Heartbreak Ridge with Johnny Calhoun yields another rattlesnake sighting and another bear sighting

Great day on the trail for wildlife sightings. Another Rattlesnake on the climb up and a bear on the Jareds Creek ride back to Curtis Creek.He was rattling his tail quickly after we saw him. It was a very intense sound.
This guy meant business. We gave him plenty of room.Two rattlesnakes sightings in 8 days (my 3rd ever in the woods of NC), and two bear sightings in about 2 weeks (my 12th overall). I think that is pretty cool but I must admit these snakes are pretty scary and a much bigger risk than the bears. It still beats riding on the road and having some redneck point at gun on me like on Easter.
A couple of shots taken by Johnny Calhoun on the parkway.

Johnny Calhoun on Heartbreak Ridge ^
This little log jump^ on Heartbreak caused me a little bit of time on ORAMM. I'm going to try to dial in a bunny hop over it the next time(s) I ride it.

Ride Stats:
Total mileage: 22.6 miles
Average moving speed: 6.6 mph
Total time: 3:56 Moving time: 3:25 Stopped time: 30 min
Start time: 5:02 pm End time: 8:58 pm


Amos' Epics