It felt great to be back at "The Playground". Back to the old stompin' grounds.

Awesome ride. Good wildlife sightings. A group of 6 turkeys on the first big climb, a yearling deer switching back up the embankment, an appeliated Wood Pecker, another big turkey, a big Trout swimming in Wilson creek, and a Heron in Craig Creek.

The trail I call Big O was in great shape. I look forward to the day when I can see someone ride up the steepest, steep climb. I made my usual pitch from the first big pull out but it took me 3 tries this time, outta shape. I was proud to have made every downhill switchback my first attempt except this one:
I've never made it and never tried. Too steep & sharp for me.
Low water Wilson Creek:
There was a big trout swimming around in there:My 2nd time past Birthday Knob:

I love the trail Bee Hive. Lower your seat and drop off the mountain, going down now. The spot below was the first place I had to dismount. I carried back up and eventually managed to ride it on my 3rd attempt. It was the first but not the last place I had to attempt a second time, one a third but I finally made it. There is one log crossing I have not made, yet.
I go right at this point:

After I dropped out of Bee Hive, I rode up Upper Creek for a ways.
This is the point at which I turned around ^.


What a sad shame:
Ride Stats:
Distance: 20 miles
Total time: 3:27 Moving time: 2:43 Stopped time: 44 min
Start time: 4:32 pm end time: 8:00 pm
Average moving speed: 7.4 mph



I heard a song on the way home that has some amazing lyrics. I'm not a big Green Day fan but after hearing this one, I'll be listening to more of them. The song is called
Good Riddance
time of your life
Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test, and dont ask why.
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time.
It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind.
Hang it on the shelf in good health and good time.
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial.
For what its worth, it was worth all the while.
It's something unpredictable but in the end is right.
I hope you had the time of your life.