Saturday: Paid the Toll Road climb to the Parkway for Heartbreak Ridge with Tal and Jess

Old Toll Road^ Yes, that is an old wrecked car to the left.

Tal flying down Hertbreak Ridge at high speed ^.

Jess on Heartbreak Ridge ^

Plenty of switchback practice.
Big ride for me. Actually the hardest ride I've done since the ORAMM. That was a huge climb to start off with. I'm looking forward to doing it again soon, I need some redemption.
Total mileage: 32.3 miles
Time: 6:20 Moving time: 4:25
At about the 13 mile mark I tore off my deraileur on a short patch of rocky downhill. Thankfully I had an extra hanger and that Tal is a very good bicycle mechanic and was able to adjust my deraieur to shift even better than the original set up. Thanks Tal and Jes for an amazing ride. Some good exploring along the way. I would catagorize that one as an epic.
Amos' Epics