And Yet Another After Work Kitsuma MTB Ride

Johnny Calhoun and I met at Ridgecrest about 4:25. It had rained a little bit but the switchbacks were not at all sloppy, maybe just a little more slippery on the roots than usual. I forgot my GPS and my camera but that was alright, it was a good evening to keep a steady pace. The route was the same as the graph in the post below.
We moved along in an attempt to beat the band of heavy showers we had both seen coming across TN on the Doppler earlier. I tried not to brake much on the wet roots and just roll it as much as possible, that worked out well as I didn't slip too many times on the wet roots and never slid out of control. The single track was moist but still plenty of fun. The rain got a little heavier on the ride back up Old 70 and about the time I got my gear packed up and was driving away from Ridge Crest it really started pouring. Hopefully the showers this evening will prime the Watagua and I'll get my wish for a 350 cfs run after the forecasted rain on Saturday...
Amos' Epics