Another Good Day in the Wilson Creek Wilderness Area. 36.5 Miles of Fun.

Dan and I parked our cars at the Brown Mtn Beach campground and started the ride with a nice warm up along side Wilson Creek. There was actually a guy about to paddle it lower than low. I commented on the level and he said it beats sitting on the couch, I guess if you can afford the plastic...
We caught up to Mike and his buddy unloading the car at Mortimer, and climbed up to the Upper Wilson Ridge trailhead. Proceeded to drop 21 Jumps then Schoolhouse back to Mortimer. Dan and I continued up the road towards Yellow Buck but at about the 24 mile mark Dan decided it was time to head home so he turned around. I continued and rode some of the best trail out there: Long Ridge aka Yellow Buck. A good casual ride, no big hurry and plenty of photo op stops.
Total mileage: 36.5 miles
Total time: 5:59 Moving time: 4:09 Stopped time: 1:49 # of stops: 25
Start time: 10:25 a.m. end time: 4:24 p.m.
Below is Homie with his 36 pound Heckler. And he told me "Cross Country is dead". Ya know a large frame Superlight is an Oxymoron, I just found that out during the climb up towards Upper Wilson Ridge, just before he started pushing for the first time. Sorry but opinions are like what? and everyone has one, me too. I'll keep most of mine to myself. I was also told it is just as fast to push as to ride the steep FS uphill towards Upper Wilson Ridge, that was when I decided to quit running my mouth and listening to his and ride on up.





Dan taking the left line:Mike taking the right line:

Sometimes heavy erosion makes for some fun riding:
Mike's first time on Schoolhouse, I think he enjoyed it.
Below is some of the Yellow Buck hike a bike. The "pay to play" is worth it. Believe me it is steeper than it looks:
One of the many views of Grandfather Mtn from Yellow Buck:

I was able to drop the steepest section of downhill on Yellowbuck for the first time and without lowering my seat. I was inspired on my last ride and have been eyeing it the last few rides.
Amos' Epics