Happy Birthday Mom! Big Saturday Ride.

Brotha Man Bob and I did an ORAMM lite training ride. We started at the Old Fort Park instead of down town Old Fort and we didnt ride Kitsuma at the end. Otherwise we rode the same course as the race. We put in about 52 miles.
This was our "big stop" after Kitsuma, Mill Creek up to Star Gap, Curtis Creek climb, cross the parkway and down the forest road then a little ways up the climb on the other side.
Like I've said before, sometimes da feets just gots to breathe.
Back on track up and onto Heartbreak Ridge. It was good to be on the Ridge.
Bob representing for Alabama!
Couple of snake viewings. This one had some cool curves and was laying on Old Hwy 70.The next snake was on the trail right before you breakout onto Curtis Creek. If you zoom in on this shot you can see his forked tongue = cool.Back at the Old Fort picnic area. 52 miles, thousands of feet of climbing and descending, four flats (two each - I noticed my last one when I unloaded my bike at the house), and lots of fun.Here is a shot of Johnny Calhoun out at the Great Divide race. Keep it goin Chapel Hill/Hillbilly, we're rootin' for you.

I got the picture from a link off of MTBreviews GDR post in the Endurance Racing forum.