Sunday in Wilson Creek Wilderness


Another excellent day in the Wilson Creek Wilderness Area. I met up with Josh for a 7:00 a.m. roll out from Upper Creek. Great time to start a ride. Since I finally bit the bullet and registered for the Off Road Assault on Mt Mitchell a few minutes ago I guess I better start training. One training regimen I'm going to attempt is to do at least one ride each weekend starting at 7:00 a.m. Another is to do bigger rides: 50+ milers. They finally posted the Captain Thurmond race results here: http://www.captainthurmonds.com/previousraces/

Good news from the Forest service guy blocking the road at Gingercake Acres. They are getting control of the fires and he is opening the road this evening at 6:00 p.m.

Now onto todays ride. It turned out to be a 40+ miler. Some good pictures of a couple of salamanders pushed it over the top for me. Thanks for pointing them out Josh!


What incredible colors. Here is her brother.
Josh on berm #2 Raspberry Ridge.
Me on berm #2. I love this shot. It has a psychedelic effect.
Josh at the falls: