4th of July Epic Solo Ride: ORAMM course


I did the ORAMM course again minus the road section from downtown Old Fort to Old 70. I parked at the Geyser and started riding up Mills Creek Rd to start out. Here is the Photog of the course.
Plaque at the Geyser about a Civil War battle.
Rode Kitsuma then headed up towards Star Gap. I saw this fawn on the way.
Ran into some fimilar faces coming down from Star Gap. As I was climbing some of the Hickory MTBers and a big group were coming down. I recognized a few of them from when we've crossed paths out in the Wilson Creek Wilderness area. Also the lead mechanic / manager of the bike shop in Hickory was in the lead group. Other than them the only other MTBers I saw was a small group on Kitsuma my first time through.
Here are some shots from Jareds Creek double track. Not everyone is a big fan of double track but you cant knock the views on this one. The stitch at the top is from this stretch.I was glad to make it to the spring at Curtis Creek. I was getting low and that is some good, cold, fresh water. What a climb from this point. It is always good to get the climb up Curtis Creek Rd out of the way. I went up and over the parkway and then blasted down the other side. When I see the Black Mtn CG sign at least I know this 5 mile stretch of uphill is shorter than the Curtis Creek climb and there are a lot of distractions on the way up to take your mind off the pain. Some nice Creek action and views. I had to take little dip, it was warm.
On to Heartbreak Ridge.
Always some interesting things to see on Heartbreak
Finished Heartbreak, back up Mill Creek Rd and one more Kitsuma. Big 60 miler, give or take a mile or 2.