Another ORAMM Course Epic Ride Day


Another big ride day. Met up with Josh at the Geyser around 7:25. We were riding by 7:40. We did a quick Kitsuma ride first then headed over to Star Gap Trail for even more switchback climbing. Josh had never done Kitsuma so we rode to old 70 for the scenic route. This added a few miles since it is 2 miles each way from the geyser to the picnic area/old 70 route. I'd say this got me up to and maybe past the 6o mile mark today - my longest ride todate. A shot of Josh climbing Star Gap trail to the intersection with Heartbreak. It was good to ride with Josh but he had a tight time schedule and I needed to head on to complete my epic. We ate some killer pancake treats that his wife had made, very tasty and full of energy. Josh climbing up Heartbreak: I headed on towards Jareds Creek. Here is a shot from the left side of the road.
The sign on Curtis Creek Rd signifying the first tract of Natl Forest in NC.
Stopped at the bridge on Curtis Creek for a sandwich break.
I made it to the top of Curtis Creek, crossed over the parkway and down the other side. A little way up the forest service road I made it to my swimmin hole. I had to take a dip.Got it all together and headed up to the parkway. Here is a stitch from the overlook between mile marker 352 and 353.Memory card full so I decided to start firing it up. I didnt stop again until I got back to the car to fill up my water bottle and camel back. I took off back up Mill Creek Rd for about 2 miles and my tire went flat. Changed the tube and started on up to ride Kitsuma again. Sweet ride!