Off Road Assault on Mt Mitchell

ORAMM: 63 miles with 11,000 feet of climbing.
The starting line? Thanks to Johnny Calhoun for taking all the pictures. Dude, I hope I didnt get you in trouble, ha ha.
Glen Alpine Epic Adventures
I'm happy with my results: 14th in the Masters class, 83rd out of 450 overall. 6 hours 58 minutes per Bob Highs stop watch.
Shout out to the people I met and people I already know that were there to race and to offer support.
At the starting line it was good to see Caleb, Beth and the guys that recognized my bike from the blog or MTBreviews. Welcome back from France Beth, it sounds like the riding over there really paid off - congrats on smashing your time from last year. We'll paddle soon Caleb, the Watagua has to run eventually.
Bob High killin it on Kitsuma first time through. He finished in 6 hours and 48 minutes after just recovering from rocky mtn spotted fever! Man you are a killer! I'm glad I wasnt between him and the finish line, I'd have tire tracks up my back today. Hanging loose:BrothaMan riding into the second rest station.Second rest station. Thats James back there searching for lube to hook up the Orange Crush. Thanks for the help James, you were right on time and the bike did great! You rule!Finally a shot of MH (the side of her head and her eye brow anyway), thanks Johnny. Thanks MH for getting my sandwich and HOORAH out of my dry bag, I've got the shot from Green Knob at the bottom of the blog now. Hopefully we can get plenty more pics in the future. Thanks to Sarah King for all the help and support as well. HOORAH!!Thanks Sarah for the extra pics. I think I recognize that guy from a river somewhere.
Big thanks also to Gaston and Layla for coming out. It was most excellent to have good friends to hang with after the ride.
Congrats to Brad for an awesome finish time. Good to see Curtis again and congrats as well. The promoters of the race did an excellent job. It went off like clock work.
A good time was had by all.