Another Kitsuma After Work Double - Deuce

Glen Alpine Epic Adventures
Another awesome trail day with good temps, awesome views, and screaming mountain biking. I managed to get out of work on time and get in a solo Kitsuma loop and still have time to meet up with G for a second. Kitsuma was in great shape. No pictures on my first loop but I made up for it on the second. I managed about 21 miles.
I've been waiting for a train out of the tunnel shot since the first time I passed this way with Gaston a couple of years ago when we lucked out and saw a train (my only other siteing).
This eveing we got to the top and G heard the train. I blasted back down to this viewing spot while he pumped up his slowly leaking tire. I waited and waited figuring the train had either gone a different route or was traveling in the other direction. After a while I started riding back up and made it all the way to the "barrier" when G blasted past me saying the train had "started moving again". He was right and it was worth the wait. Thanks G for waiting. Train, Train...
Train kept a rollin'...

The train tracks from above - Ridgecrest looking back down.Up and on towards the switch backs. Here is G making it to the top.
Now for the fun part. It is steeper than it looks. G rolled right through it.Double time:After a little more excitement at the last drop which will require a new helmet for G,we spilled out at the picnic area. While cleaning up the Orange Crush, JC dropped by and chatted for a while. On my way back up I40 I saw an awesome sunset in my rear view. I stopped at the Dysartsville exit and got these shots. This was the real colors, I added some contrast and maybe sharpened one but no other effects.
Another awesome day!