Coming in Under the Radar on Thanksgiving day

I woke up, looked outside and it was not raining contrary to what I had seen forcasted last night. At 7:00 a.m. it looked like it may have lightly rained for 15 minutes all night. A far cry from the 1" they forcasted. Last night I had hoped there would be enough rain so that something like the Watagua would run but in liew of that, a MTB ride would be good to go. It did look like it might start raining at any time but I used the time wisely and packed up the gear, scarfed down an english muffin and ate PB&J sammy on the way up hwy 181. I drove through some sprinkles on my way up 181 but by the time I got to my destination it looked like this: Rock & Roll was nice and padded out with all the leaves on it. The little bit of rain that it had seen last night was absorbed into the leaves. That trail was so leafy that the ground wasnt a bit sloppy. The only excess moisture were droplets on the leaves.
No rain after the first loop, and the skies were clearing up even more. Goin' for loop number 2.
The trail was in great shape in spite of not being ridden much. Based on some of the downfall (which I tried to clear out) it didnt look like anyone had been on it since the last time I was up there. How sweet it is:Back where I started but I had added Barkhouse to the last loop.


Ripshin Ridge I couldnt help myself but to ride over to Ripshin Ridge for the views after my 3rd run on Rock & Roll and 2nd run of Barkhouse. Initially I was just going to go to the overlook and turn back to climb 181. Once I got to the overlook I couldnt turn around, the trail was in such good shape and the temperature was near perfect!

Climbing back up 181 wasnt so bad. What a view: Back to where I started again. I never got rained on once. What a sweet ride!Amos' Epics