Dodgeing the rain bullet for 15.3 miles of MTB

I parked at Wilson Creek right at the base of The Spike. The sky was looking pretty ominous when I got up to Birthday Knob but still not a drop of rain. Based on the doppler radar before I left the house, a storm was on its way, it was just a matter of time. One more reason to try to knock the loop out fast and if I had time for the Spike at the end, I was parked in the most efficient spot.
I rode the Big O first and the climb was nice and dry. I think the rain totally missed this area yesterday or it soaked in really fast last night. Today it didnt start raining until about mile 10, on the last downhill side of the Big O and it was very light initially. I got back to the car and it still wasnt bad at all so I decided to end the ride with The Spike for some hill climbing and fast down hill bombing back to the car. The rain picked up while I was up there but I timed it perfectly and the down hill was just starting to get wet but no issues and no slop.
This is the point on The Spike at which I turned around:
Ride Stats:
Total mileage: 15.3 miles
Elevation gain: 4,044'
Total time: 2 hours 10 min.
Moving time: 1 hour 51 min.
Stopped time: 18 min.
Avg Moving Speed: 8.2 mph
Amos' Epics