Upper Wilson Ridge & then more for 34 miles

Dan and I met up with Terry Sain from Conover / Hickory area and rode with him most of the way from Wilson Creek to the top of Upper Wilson Ridge. About a mile from the top I turned around to check on Dan and proceeded to get my first flat since July (my secret weapon has been very effective up to this morning). By the time we got to the top he was gone but he had given us some good beta on some trails to explore after our UWR ride. It was all new ground as soon as we turned left at the bottom of Upper Wilson Ridge... Dan on Upper Wilson Ridge
I had forgotten how fast and smooth Upper Wilson Ridge can be.Somewhere close to Wilson Ridge.
Grandfather in the background.
Nice Views of Table Rock, Hawksbill, and Granfather from up there.
There was a lot of looking at the map. It was nice to ride some trails I had never been on. We just scratched the surface, there is plenty more to explore up there. If the weather holds out I'll be back later in the week...
Stats:
Total distance: 34.3 miles
Total time: 7 hours 11 minutes
Moving time: 4 hours 51 minutes
Stopped time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Elevation gain: 6,299 feet
Starting elevation: 1,193'
Max elevation: 2,802'
Average speed: 7.0 mph


Amos' Epics