Its good to get back on Wilsons with some good flow and good friends


What a storm yesterday/last night. Our power was out until around 8 am this morning. When I saw Oakyjoey's post of 1'8" this morning, I decided to wait for my friends Gaston and Layla to get out of school and hook up with them for a late afternoon Wilson Creek run. I am glad I waited, it has been far too long since I got to paddle Wilsons or anything else with them.
Going later in the day also gave me time to take the bow saw to the tree that got blown over in our yard last night during the storm.
The level was just a smidge below 1' around 4:00. Getting to see Roger Teeters at the takeout after our run and his solo run was icing on the cake. Too bad Roger didnt get there early enough to paddle with us, hopefully next time.
Gaston and Layla at the putin.
Above I am scouting from the eddy at the top of Triple Drop.
My sloppy triple drop run. I dropped through the slot with the intent to drive right but I slipped too far into the current and got swept down through part of the rapid sideways. Thankfully, I was able to turn my boat back to the left and drive it to the wall and missed the hole. Not what I planned but I'll take it and be glad. Thanks Gaston for taking the pictures of triple drop.
Fire escape, AKA Coin slot

Peeling out and punching the hole: The last rapid always comes too soon.



A good run was had by all. Ten Foot was big and fun, all the ledges were good to go, Triple Drop was meaty and this last hole was juicy too. It should be a sweet surf spot tomorrow...
Amos' Epics