Easter Sunday: Overlooks / Short Hike with Noel in the morning then an evening dirt/gravel/pavement 44 mile ride complete with a pistol pointed @ me

Noel and I got an early start and went to check out Linville Falls and Wisemans View. We drove up 181 and back down the Kistler Memorial Hwy aka Old 105. Incredible views.









After we got home I called Dan to see if he was interested in some road riding to explore some of the back roads via. bike around the Johns River, Upper Creek, Warrior Fork, and Wilsons Creek. I struck out on Frankenstein at close to 4:oo. About a mile from the house on Watermill Road I heard a car sputtering behind me. They passed me pretty slow and after they got in front of me the passenger pulled out a pistol and pointed it at me - this was a surprise (Happy Easter to them too). I didnt get the liscense plate but it was a dark blue old japaneese beater maybe Honda Prelude or something similar. A dark headed, fat kid driving and a smaller build punk with lighter colored hair in the passenger side with the pistol. What a way to start a ride!After 6 miles of pedaling I arrived at Dan's house. We started up Goodmans Lake Rd, to Henderson Mill Rd, Pax Hill, then onto Packs Hill (2 spellings and 2 different rds), to Playmore Beach Rd and onto Brown Mountain Beach Rd then a left onto Johns River Rd, back to Henderson Mill and this is where Dan and I parted and I stayed on HM back to hwy 181, crossed over and stayed on Pea Ridge Rd until I got to a short road over to hwy 126 close to the Lake James fire station. I stayed on 126 until Watermill Rd and back through the boat landing, greenway and into the neighborhood.
The guys in the Jeep were having a good time .
Some interesting trail to check out next time.


Amos' Epics